Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5, 2014

Hello Family,
I’m writing you this letter while sitting in the immigration office.  So I guess you may assume that we got here safe and sound.  I kind of skipped a day so I’m feeling the effects of that a bit.  Other than that, I am perfectly fine.  The flights over were long but they were good.
I talked to you today (yesterday?) so I think we are pretty caught up
Anyway, I hope you are all well.
Love,  Äldste Heiner


Excerpt from a letter from President Beckstrand:

JESUS KRISTI
KYRKA
AV SISTA DAGARS HELIGE


SVERIGEMISSIONEN STOCKHOLM

September 4, 2014

Upon arrival, he was taken in to the city of Stockholm for immigration paperwork. He then went to the Church’s Young Single Adult Center, located in the heart of Stockholm, for a light lunch, training, and contacting in the streets of Stockholm with one of our exceptional, experienced missionaries.  Then he had a glimpse of Stockholm.  The Mission Office was his next stop with an orientation to the Sweden Stockholm Mission policies and procedures. After orientation, Sister Beckstrand and I invited him and his MTC group to dinner at the Mission Home. I had the wonderful opportunity to spend some time in an interview with your son. We concluded the day’s activities with family scriptures and prayer and retired for the evening.

The next morning we began the day promptly at 6:30 a.m. with breakfast at the Mission Home. We departed the Mission Home for the nearby Täby Chapel where the Assistants, Sister Beckstrand and I provided training.  In the second meeting of the morning, he met his new companion and trainer, Elder Jacob Anderson. They will serve together in the Jönköping I area of the Sweden Stockholm Mission.

Elder Heiner and Elder Anderson
heading to Jönköping I
New Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment