Saturday, December 26, 2015

December 26, 2015

Merry Second Christmas Day, as the Swedes like to say... It's pday, and that means I tell you what I did with my life.

For anyone confused because they looked at a calendar and the date this was written and what I'm talking about, yes. I wrote this on a Saturday. We have pday on Saturday this week.

On Monday, we didn't have too much going on because it's always pday, so we have a habit of not planning anything then. Except this week wasn’t pday so nothing was planned. It was fine. We were able to talk to a ton of people on the street.
Tuesday was not as blank. We had a district meeting in Lund which turned out to not really be a normal meeting, because we went caroling! We went out and sang to people and contacted them. I don't know if anyone became an investigator, but some people took books and heard some lessons. We went home after that and got cancelled on by our next guy. People don't really like to meet on Christmas week.  But then the lady after that is the wife to a member, and she's praying about whether or not she wants to be baptized. The correct answer would be, "yes." Then we met with our guy getting baptized in a few weeks and that went really well! He is down with the plan of salvation and is still on board for baptism, so that's super sick!
On Wednesday, we went and helped an elderly lady early in the morning, came back the apartment for lunch. Then we walked to the other side of town and we taught like four lessons on the way. We then had dinner with a Norwegian family and celebrated Christmas with them. It was super fun! After we left there we had dinner with a Danish family. It was super fun! I ate so much food...
Thursday was super lugnt. We hung out and opened the Swedish presents we got because Swedes do that on Christmas Eve. I heard from Paul and Erin, the Richardson’s, Grandma and Grandpa, and my family.  Our post is a little messed up right now, so there may be others in the future.  Then we wandered over to a member’s house and spent several hours with them. It was great! I made another turkey, everyone was impressed I knew how.
Friday, yesterday, was also super awesome! We hung out at the bishops.  He's pretty dang cool. I like him a lot, and I was able to skype the family! My mother could probably tell you all about that! [Insert mother comment here].

I really like Malmö! The only downside is the way they talk, really. They are very nice people with open minds, the weather is super mild. The sun exists here!   It is a different experience, for sure. My companion has been out one transfer longer than me, so we are both quite experienced. Together, we have the third most experience of any companionship in Sweden, and if you take out the tripanionship, we are number two by one transfer. I really like it. We get along really well.  Later today we're gonna go swing by the mall. Swedish Black Friday is all this week!

And that's pretty much my week at this point! I hope you all had a great holiday season! Have a wonderful week!

Elder Heiner

At the Bishops with his family and the other missionaries
on Christmas day.
Opening gifts.
Captain Crunch.
I had some this morning.  It was super good!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I've waited so long for this letter! I'm so glad that you have had a great Christmas weekend! You deserve all happiness you can get. I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work. And so glad you are a lot. Love, Pia

    ReplyDelete