Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, 2016

Hello to everyone! I think you'll probably notice that I didn't really email anything last week due to a trip to Ales Stenar. Sorry about that, but I hope you enjoy the pictures from it. They're pretty cool. If you can't really understand it from the pictures, think viking Stonehenge. It was super fun.
   Also on that trip I was given the joyous opportunity to taste lakrits sill! It was amazing!* There was some super cool sites and we were able to play soccer in the middle of it all. Super fun trip! If you're ever in Skåne for whatever reason, I would highly recommend going there.
   Other things that happened this week were the teaching! We had a great time teaching some of our awesome investigators. I'll have to tell you about them sometime. We have a young woman, she's fifteen and super funny. She's from Afghanistan, but she's been here for five years or so, so she fits in really well. She'll do well in the ward. We have a Kenyan woman, she's rock solid. She fits right into the African gathering that we have going on here. We have a Chilean woman that we work with, and there are a few more. Yay. Things are happening.
   We were actually in Göteborg on Friday for a conference... That was pretty fun. I was able to see some old friends that I haven't seen in a while. We talked about language and how to apply that kinda thing into the work. Not comparing ourselves to others was also a thing they talked about. It was a good conference.
   Anyway, we have people on track and people that we have a great time teaching! I hope everyone has a great week!
Äldste Heiner

*For clarification, sill is herring, lakrits is licorice, and I almost threw up.

Here is some of that sill stuff.
Some rocks.
A group shot.
View from the coast.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Finally. I've waited two weeks for this blog letter. Jk. Haha event I don't like lakrits sill and I like licorice and herring. Great to have that many varieties of countries/ languages in a ward. Keep up the good work. Love, Pia

    ReplyDelete