Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015

   This week was pretty busy. No sitting around, just working. It was nice. It wasn't all the preaching I would have liked, we did help a few people with their moving woes, so that happened early in the week. Fun stuff.
   On Monday, we didn't really do anything too crazy for pday. We went out to a Thai place for lunch with a member, so that was fun, but other than that, nothing really. Helped a woman clean her apartment to ridiculous levels of cleanliness because that's the law here in Sweden if you want to move out of an apartment. You have to clean it. Remind me to never own a cat. They're the worst for clean apartments. We rounded out the day with a visit to Tommy. He's doing alright. He's trying really hard again to quite tobacco, which is pretty cool. Hopefully he succeeds this time.
   On Tuesday morning, we just went to another lady's apartment and moved her all out of it to another apartment. Moving skills... activated! Then we were going to help out at another move, but we weren't needed at it, so we were taken to lunch by a member who was also at the move.  Did some swing bys, but people are just at the end of their holiday celebrations here, so they were not quite ready to meet again, so we did that for a while, then went home for dinner and sleep and important things like that.
   We were feeling the move from Tuesday quite heavily on Wednesday. It was a rough morning, to be sure. We took all of our studies right then so we could kind of ease our way into the day. Then we had an entire afternoon free, so we went trackting. It actually went really well. This was a really productive week for trackting, actually. We didn't do too much of it, but people were interested. That evening, we had an awesome lesson with a member family who totally bought in to our new ward mission plan. It's going to be awesome to have them on board.
   On Thursday, we had a distrikt meeting! It's been about a month since we had one, but it's fine. We have four new people in the distrikt anyway, so it was a good time to meet these new people I'll be working with. Two new greenies in the distrikt. Oh yeah, Syster Bolton got a greeny on Wednesday, but I only met her on Thursday at distrikt meeting. After a pretty good meeting, we all went out to kebab (of course, what else would you eat with other missionaries around?). Elder Jones and I had to split after that because we had to get to a lesson with Huba! Our first real sit down lesson in forever. It went really well. Hopefully we can get another good lesson in with him this week. Did some more area work after that, so that was nice. A member invited us to dinner that evening, so we went to that. The Ahlström's are a great family too. That pretty much finished out the evening.
   Friday morning was weekly planning morning. Gotta set up all those days so you know what you're going to try to do. It was good. We're going to have a great week. Then we had a meeting with Mikeal! It was a really long lesson that covered a ton of topics, and we all felt the spirit, but he kept playing it off as something biological that didn't come from the spirit. It was so frustrating! I know he feels it. Had a YSA activity in the evening, played some card games, and then had dinner. 
   Saturday was really busy, it felt like. We started with playing basketball with the Elders Quorum in the morning. We're trying to make that activity more often so we can use it as a fellowshipping tool. After we got all sweaty and stuff, we went home to shower and get ready for the rest of the day. We had lunch with a member of the stake presidency, and that went really well. We wanted to have some time in our own area that day, so we ran up to Öxnehaga to do some stuff there, but we had to get back to town pretty quickly to help set up for the baptism! There was a woman who approached the church a couple weeks ago who had already done all the research about everything and asked to be baptized. So we held the baptism on Saturday. It was really great, it's a woman from Kenya, so she gets along really well with Tanui. He's from Kenya too. They speak Swahili to each other. It's crazy. Anyway, that was the rest of that day.
   Sunday was a pretty good day. We taught the English class because the snow was too heavy for some of the people to get to church, including the usual teacher. After church, we went to Bankeryd for dinner with the Strömberg's. We had a great time, and had a really good discussion at the end. After church, we got some swing bys done, and called it a week.
   So there you have it folks, my week. I hope you enjoyed it, if you read the entire thing. If I were you, I would have just skipped to this part, where I write the thank you notes...

Thank you cats, for shedding more hair than I ever thought was possible to be found ON a cat, let alone off of one.

Thank you investigators, for all migrating South for the winter, and leaving me all alone here...

That's it from me! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Sunday Snow

View fro the apartment of one of the ladies we helped move

No comments:

Post a Comment