Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015

This week was as normal as any week in Sweden could be. So not. It wasn't normal at all because normal doesn't exist here. It would be ridiculous to think that any day could ever fit into a "normal" category.  Or follow a set plan. They don't do that either.
   Last Monday, we were going to do something. But we didn't. It's kind of nice to just not do anything for pday. But really. If anyone has any pday ideas, we're really lacking on them, so just let me know! To finish off pday, we had a member dinner with an awesome family who agreed to be a part of our ward mission plan! It's going to be really good. We trackted a bit too, because what is a day without trackting? Oh yeah, just fine...
   Tuesday was good. We had open church, and we just kind of hung around for that one.  Then, we went and visited a member who was just moved to assisted living and was feeling really lonely.
It was good, he's actually doing much better where he's at right now. The Robayo's fed us after that. They are just about the coolest people in the world, just so you know. We could all try to be a little bit more Robayo-ish. In the evening, we went and surprised a young (and quite sick) family with service! We did a bunch of chores and just tried to ease up their lives a bit. They have a two year old and twin one year olds. It was a rough week for them, but they are super awesome.
   Wednesday is the day that I would point to if someone wanted to bring up what amazing wonders planning does for you. We had this awesome day just booked with lessons and back up lessons and swing bys that are super positive and every second was just packed. That didn't happen. One of the lessons that we planned went through, and all of everything else just...kind of... didn't. Yeah, planning is nice, but it isn't everything. I did get my haircut in the evening. A lot less hair is now on my head. More of a Swedish cut this round.
   Thursday was splits with Borås! Just to shake up the shaken up stuff. I was in Borås with Elder Dickson, and we had a great time. We were able to have four lessons and contact a bunch of people. I had a really good time. I don't know what else to tell you about that. Dickson is a great guy. I had a awesome time.
   Friday morning, we had district meeting, where I met back up with Elder Jones! District meeting was good. Had a really fun activity to help us get to know the district a bit better. Had a good lesson. After it ended, we went up to the Bishop's house for lunch. He and his wife fed us, and they are really good at food. Swedes in general are really good at food. Food is good. After that, we had a lesson with an awesome investigator who is about 80, I would think. She's really cool and really positive, so that's fun. In the evening, we had an activity with the YSA's playing volleyball. And we had an investigator come! Not the 80 year old.  It was good. He hit it off really well with the other guys. As it turns out Friday the 23rd was also my 6 months mark. I've been on my mission for over six months now. Isn't that crazy? I just got to the MTC last month...
   Saturday morning had us playing basketball with the elder's quorum like usual. We had a good time and a good workout. We're trying to get new members and investigators to come, and they're starting to show interest, so hopefully that will turn into a great fellowshipping thing soon. We did weekly planning for the afternoon because we hadn't done that yet, and we had a couple lessons in the evening. They went well.
   Sunday was church. It was good. And in Swedish. But I understand it now, so that's a bit different. After church, we had a member dinner and then swing bys for the rest of the night. I was a good day, all in all.
   Well, that's all I have for you guys today! But today is Monday, and I need to get some stuff done today, so I'm going to have to write my thank you notes now, if you don't mind.

Thank you Elder Jones, for switching up all the colors from the inside of my pens. I just noticed today. It's been a long time, hasn't it?

Thank you lady with this picture on your door. We knock on it all the time and it's never opened. I think it's a bit ironic.

Well, that's it for me, hope you all have a wonderful week!
Äldste Heiner

Picture on the elusive door.
Before haircut with Syster Thörn.
After haircut with Syster Thörn.
(Thank you, Syster Thörn from across the sea!)
I have gotten into Kinder Eggs this week.
They're the best.  And illegal in the US...
Fun Fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment