Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015

This week was way better from my end! Not sick, so that helped a bit. My companion got sick though, so... All in all, the week was super quick and I don't really know where the time went. It's chill. I'm used to it at this point. On the other hand, it got up to 13 degrees here. That's somewhere around 50 degrees Fahrenheit. I just about died of heat stroke.
   On Monday, we climbed the Swedish version of a mountain. Basically, a perty large hill with a path to the top and a ton of trees. It was fun. Got some cool pictures. That evening, we all got onto a PLANE and flew to Stockholm. Half hour flight, baby. Anyway, we did that because there was this meeting thing the next day. Elder Donaldson of the Seventy came to talk to us and see what it would be like to be a mission president, because he just got called to be a mission president. Ireland, I think. It was pretty good. I liked listening to him. But I also got to see a couple people from my MTC group! It was awesome! I love those guys. After all that meeting and stuff, we had five hours until our flight, so we went and hung out in gamal stan. Saw the castle, went down some old streets. It was fun.
   On Wednesday, no one wanted to talk to us.
   Thursday, people did wanted to talk to us, so we went and talked to them. It was good we also prepared for Friday, which was Syster Johanson's birthday. We picked up some presents (I got a cat pun poster), made a cake, we decorated the syster's apartment building hallway. It was fun.
   On her birthday, we had a distrikt meeting, with the activity being cake and ice cream. Yeah. It was a lot of fun. It was my first cake I ever baked, and it turned out pretty good too. A member had all six of us over right after, so we all just finished up in distrikt meeting and went over. It was a pretty fun day. Got quite a bit of work in too, so it was good.
   On Saturday, Elder Steen wasn't feeling too great, so after an activity thing we held, he and Elder Dickson, who was also feeling lousy, went home to sleep. Elder Allen and I went out and trackted and found a guy who was super interested. I'm super excited to see where he goes.
   Had a pretty normal Sunday. Went to church. It was really good. We planned a distrikt blitz for Friday. I'll tell you about it next week once it happens.
   Anyway, today is Monday, and that's when I get time to do my personal things. I write my mother, I buy groceries, and I write my thank you notes. I'm running a bit late, so I'm just going to have to do those here.

Thank you weather for melting me at 50 degrees. Wow, I feel weak.

Thank you office elders, for booking us to fly to Stockholm and not a train. I am a little disappointed I wouldn't get to be on a train for ten more hours, but oh well...

I hope you all have a great week!
Äldste Heiner
Pictures from the top of the mountain,
The huge freaking escelator going from the
plane to the train.
Mission conference.
Me and Smith from the MTC
These next few were from our time in
Gamla Stan.
I played King Benjamin in Primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment